Welcome to the Mount Vernon Transportation Department, where safety is our top priority!
Our goal is to provide safe and efficient transportation to all Mount Vernon School District students in a kind and atmosphere.
- Children riding school buses are under the capable supervision of qualified bus drivers. Safety is the foremost concern of the transportation department staff. Bus drivers are responsible for the safe conduct of students and are in full charge of buses. Students are responsible for their own behavior.
- All students living more than one mile from their neighborhood school may ride the bus. This criteria has been established by the state of Washington, which along with the Mount Vernon School District provides the funding for school bus transportation.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop five minutes before their bus is scheduled to arrive. Students are required to ride only their assigned buses.
- Each year, the Mount Vernon School District, through a cooperative effort between school bus drivers and school building personnel, trains all enrolled students in how to safely evacuate a school bus in an emergency situation.
- Every day, drivers see that each child is delivered safely to his or her designated bus stop. No child is allowed to get off the bus at other than his or her designated stop unless permission is given by school authorities, in the form of a bus pass, acting upon written parental request. If a child is unsure of his/her bus stop or is on the wrong bus, the child is returned to the school and parents are contacted.
- Like all spaces in the Mount Vernon School District, SCHOOL BUSES ARE A BULLY-FREE ZONE
- Failure to follow District rules may result in suspension of transportation privileges.
Mount Vernon Transportation Department
2001 Cleveland Avenue
Mount Vernon, WA 98273